March 9, 2011

Be GREEN

Our earth is a precious gift and it should be treated as such.  One of my missions as a mother is to teach my children to take good care of it. I am grateful that long ago, I had a professor in college who took the time to instill in me a need and love for eco-living. But before her, a seed had been planted by my mother who  raised me “toxin” free and this was back in the days before there was a such thing as an "environmental movement" (not that I am old or anything). I am also grateful to have family, who like me, is on this same adventure to "greenify" the world. This is a glimpse of my environmentalism through my nephews eyes:

1 cup vinegar
2-3 drops Tea Tree Oil (A natural disinfectant sold at health stores.)
2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil (My Mommy likes Green Tea from the Body Shop, or really anything from the Body Shop for that matter.)
For a bit of shine if you are using this recipe to clean linoleum or tile floors, you can substitute in a few drops of baby oil  instead of the essential oil.
Mix ingredients into one gallon of water.
Cleaner 2
Now that you have your cleaner ready, roll up your sleeves and get to work on those dirty floors…

When you’re finished with the floors, it’s time to do some laundry…


After a day of chores, I am spent! Time to relax with some friends and catch up over a nice sippy cup of milk.


Thank you for thinking green…


P.S. Now that you have a recipe for natural cleaning. Stayed tuned for Baby's take on RECYCLING!

Vivian

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for Baby E to teach us all about recycling! We can learn so much from our kids! :)

    ReplyDelete