February 24, 2011

Lucky Garland

I like green!
It's one of my favorite colors
But I don't have an ounce of Irish in me.
So how can I get inspired for St Patrick's?
I think about green. I think about Amor who is a quarter Irish and whose grandma captivated me every time I listened to her speak, whose tone and inflection in her voice made her accent musical.
I think about Kisses and Shamrocks and their fascinating legend.


And then it's time to work and create:




Chipboard letters (from Hobby Lobby). I chose the word: LUCKY! Who wouldn't want some more luck in their lives???!! ;)



I couldn't find them already green and since I had some green craft paint, I decided to paint them myself.


Cut 3" circles out of scrapbook paper. I chose a musical themed paper (of course!).


Cut same size of circles out of card stock paper and glue (modpodge) the scrapbook and card stock together. 


While the edges are still wet from the modpodge glitter them. I think if I were to do it again I would have used crystal glitter instead of silver.




Glue the letters to the middle of the circle




With tissue or crepe paper create a ruffle in the back of the circle all the way around.



Glue the jute twine to the back of each circle. Glue it towards the top of the circle so that the circles don't have the spinning effect that sometimes happens.


For additional strength and to make sure the jute and tissue paper stay nice and tight glue an extra 3" circle.



Add any embellishments you want. I used stickers and buttons and added more glitter.





Thanks for this Irish Idea!

2 comments:

  1. I like it, and I like the way you cropped each picture too. :)

    I didn't know the hubby was part Irish. I am too... a very little part, I have one relative who is from Ireland. It's so pretty there too. Someday I would like to go visit.

    ReplyDelete