February 4, 2011

Another Addiction

I've had an exciting day today for which I will later blog. But let me just give you a hint: Auditions, So you think you can dance, front row seats, VIP treatment.
So with no much energy left for blogging I will share the tastiest event from yesterday.


I think you already know this household couldn't survive without Nutella. My sister in law emailed me this link:
http://barefootandbaking.blogspot.com/2011/02/nutella-gooey-butter-cake.html
and I knew in honor of National Nutella day, which is tomorrow February 5th, I had to partake of the celebration!! Who knew there was a National Nutella day???


For this Nutella Gooey Butter Cake you will need:




1 Box Chocolate cake mix           For the filling:               
1 egg                                       8 oz cream cheese softened
8 T butter (melted)                     1 cup Nutella
                                               3 eggs
                                               8 T butter melted
                                               1 t vanilla  
                                               16 oz (4 cups) powdered sugar


Combine the cake mix with the egg and the 8 T of butter and mix well. Press the mixture into a lightly greased pan.


To make the filling: In a bowl beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and butter. Next add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake mix and bake for 40 to 50 mnts at 350. 


I also didn't wait until it cooled off completely to eat it. I like my desserts warm and gooey. But after it's cooled off it will hold better however the filling will always be gooey! So heavenly for the NUTELLA family!     



2 comments:

  1. Oh no you di'in't!! You may very well be the downfall of my self-control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat Nutella by the spoonfull! We LOVE it on strawberries. I cannot wait to make this dessert, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete