January 13, 2011

Will the sun come out?





Dear Friends,

During our almost 11 years together we have loved each other deeply, taken care of each other and stood by one another. They have been the most wonderful years of our lives, and thanks to that love and the respect that we share for one another we have been an exceptional couple and partners.

However, since August 2010, we made a mutual decision to take time apart from our romantic relationship. Throughout this time we have continued to work together hand in hand, have remained close and have kept the details absolutely private until now.

We view this period of separation as temporary and as a time of individual growth as we continue to be partners in our business and professional lives.

Antonio continues to oversee and conduct my business and career interests as he has always done. We move forward as partners, developing projects together, working hand in hand and in close communication. Our friendship and understanding of one another is unwavering and indestructible.

We would like to advise that we will not be giving interviews or making more statements with respect to this matter and we appreciate in advance your understanding and respect during this sensitive time in our lives.

Shakira and Antonio



http://www.shakira.com/news/title/france-11011


It has been public news for a few days now that Shak and Antonio are over. After 11 years..... 11 years!!!!!!!!!! When we spoke back in October I had to bite my tongue to not ask her anything about their relationship. When you know the person there are certain impressions you get about the way their life is going, but I kept my mouth shut and made the best of our time together focusing the the other aspects of our lives. Then I greeted with Aito (Antonio's brother) and because he was there, too, I just imagined "this is still a family business" and I forgot I even had any doubts. At the end all my impressions were right. 
The world always asks why they never got married? Who knows!! One thing I know is that she didn't come from the most typical family and her parents didn't have the most traditional "marriage" setting that many think. I have so many memories of her home, the different family activities in which I was able to participate and as a child of course you don't think about any of it and then you realize.... 
So, whose example was she to follow??? Whose beliefs did she adopt, her parents? her own? the worlds? 
That these 11 years were not to a waste because she grew immensely as a performer and together her and Antonio grew as individuals??? Then at least there is something positive out of it... 
In my case I DO believe in marriage. In its sanctity and mission. Above all I believe that it is the right and the best place for our children to be taught, for our children to grow into individuals who will do a lot of good to the world. 




I thank my parents for showing me what marriage is and for giving me a standard to want to follow. I thank them for even showing me that it isn't easy but because of their commitment in full, it became easier each day to fight for their marriage.
To be fully committed!! The world is forgetting this...so sad! 
I have no doubt Shak will find her happiness. So many of us are rooting for her and supporting her. Like always she is my prayers and I hope someday that a child will come to her arms so that he and her generations to come can attest of her strong and courageous spirit, just like I have.
Love is eternal, Marriage is eternal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment