January 28, 2011

Representing

The other day I found this article written by a self proclaimed feminist atheist addicted to the "shiny" life of us the housewife Mormon bloggers. And it looks like she is not the only one.
For the complete article go here:
http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/01/15/feminist_obsessed_with_mormon_blogs
The article is hilarious and right on, very interesting to see how we are viewed by others. She ends with this:
"But the basic messages expressed in these blogs -- family is wonderful, life is meant to be enjoyed, celebrate the small things -- are still lovely. And if they help women like me envision a life in which marriage and motherhood could potentially be something other than a miserable, soul-destroying trap, I say, "Right on." I won't be inviting the missionaries inside for hot cocoa now or ever, but I don't plan on stopping my blog habit any time soon."
I am new to blogging, I have discovered a new love. I want to share with the world that it is wonderful, it is wonderful even with the ongoing trials and problems that marriage and motherhood impose. I refuse to downgrade the best calling and job I have obtain while living. Let's be proud of who we are, whatever we are where ever we may be and REPRESENT. I am proud to announce that: 


I am a WIFE,




I am a MOTHER, 




I am a MORMON,




and much more!!!

1 comment: