January 14, 2011

One of my favorite things....

I hurt every time I have to throw food away. Just the thought of all these children who go days without any food it's enough to hurt. But it's not only a  thought for I have seen it with my own eyes. I've been among poverty. I've been among these children and although I never missed a meal in my life I know! I know! 
So after many years of searching for solution to my ripe bananas getting thrown in the garbage, my friend Mandalina, who ALWAYS comes to my aid, gave me the best recipe yet for Banana Bread. 




1 3/4 cup flour                    1/4 tsp of salt
2/3 cup sugar                     2 tbsp milk
2 tsp baking powder            2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda             1 tbsp Vanilla scent (this is the trick!)
3rd cup butter




Mix and beat until it's fluffy. I'm not a fan of hard to swallow banana bread, I like it moist and puffy, and to get that texture you bake it with another pan filled about half an inch with water (below it)




And I better go...Gotta go make some more Banana Bread......YUM!!!!!!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Genius with the pan of water. I am going to have to try that! I am craving banana bread now.

    ReplyDelete