January 26, 2011

Count your blessings

The following project I saw in one of the many crafting websites I enjoy visiting  (sorry can't remember where) a few weeks ago. You know it's one of those projects that are meant to help you start the year just right. That help you give thanks for what's gone and look forward to what's ahead:
I introduce you to my "Count your Blessings" burlap frame art; just that this time I decided I would finally create something in Spanish as you can instead read Bendiciones: cuenta y verás.




So how did I do it? Went to the DI, got a very old and ugly looking frame. I forgot to take a picture of the before look but this is what was inside of it- so you get the idea???- ugly ugly.

I don't think so...


Spray painted it black



Applied the letter and number stickers (you can do vinyl letters, too) which I got at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbook section. I used tape to make sure I got a straight line as I placed the stickers.


Made some flowers out of burlap


You can use any kind of background you want. In my case I have been going through a burlap obsession lately and as you see from my previous posts I own so much burlap material and still want my friends to show up to my parties (promise promise I won't make you race in those sacks anymore!!!) that Burlap it is BABY!!
To write on the glass I discovered what I had never known: Chalk Markers. I got the "wide eyed I've never heard of it" look to most every place I went, yep even Hobby Lobby, finally found them at Michaels. You can erase as your days/week change and you realize the Lord is constantly blessing you even in ways you didn't even expect.



2 comments:

  1. Darling! What a great idea to keep an ongoing list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a cute idea. I MAY just try it...maybe.

    ReplyDelete