December 5, 2010

MUSIC


I am writing about today. I don't want to forget this day. It was a day when my heart and soul filled with music inspired me to be a better person and to be reminded again of the beautiful gift of music in my life. 
As usual for a Sunday I slept in. Amor is so kind to take care of the kids for a couple of hours until I wake up. Sometimes they are so loud that they wake me up and I get in a bad mood. But today it was the sound of Katy and Amor singing Christmas songs that woke me up. Their duet was simply angelical. And that was the beginning of a perfect day.
During Sacrament meeting at church we sung the most beautiful hymns. Our closing hymn was "Angels we have heard on high" and E' sung. Evan sung for the first time in sacrament as part of the congregation and I was filled with emotion and gratitude that the Spirit was touching my son.
The theme of the Relief Society lesson was about music as well. I enjoyed listening to the other's sisters perspectives on music and the blessings that it  brings into each one of us. Also it was strengthening to understand that all of us are united in the same purpose of rearing our children in the Lord's way and how hymns and primary songs aid us in that task.
I am grateful for being brought up by a mother who instilled in me the love for music. Who always had a song in her heart and in her lips and taught me the lessons of life through this type or art. I am grateful for having been immersed in music since an early age. I remember complaining and wining about not wanting go to music school (which I attended twice a week after school and every Saturday morning), or to go to my piano lessons. Seemed like all the time to play with my friends was being taken away. I am grateful for having the company throughout the years of good friends,too. Friends who also valued the power of music and decided to use it to influence the world for good. 
In the present I am so glad that I was given that opportunity, specially in a country were resources in the art were scare. I see the love Heavenly Father had for me by providing all that for me. It's my turn to continue that legacy and to teach my children to love and appreciate one of the greatest gifts He has given us. The gift that makes the world happy and fills the soul with peace and joy. And for what I experienced today it seems that my plan is working perfectly. :)      


Below my favorite arrangement of one of my favorite hymns: 



* Ahora es mi turno de continuar con ese legado de enseƱarle a mis hijos el amor y aprecio por uno de los regalos mas bellos que Nuestro Padre Celestial nos ha dado. El regalo que da felicidad al mundo y llena el alma de gozo y paz.*

No comments:

Post a Comment