October 28, 2010

SHAKIRA SHAKIRA

Remember how bummed I was because after a few years of waiting to see my friend in concert I wasn't going to be able to do so?? Well, all I can say is that life will put you to test but with faith, even for the smallest and simplest things, anything is possible. 


A week before the concert I sold the tickets for well above face value taking advantage of the fact that the show was sold out. I didn't want to do it at all. But I knew I had to and it was the right thing to do for my family. It was going to hurt us financially being out that much money and also the extra expending to be incurred when traveling. And when you hurt financially there is a chain of events that follow, stress in the family, arguments, lack of peace, etc etc... 


Then I called and I gave my friend the news. I didn't have to be sad for much longer. I WAS GOING!!!!! She was gifting us the tickets and the VIP's to be able to be backstage with her and the band and crew. After all a good friend is always a good friend and she too had been waiting to see us again.  

On Friday, we made our trip together with a couple of other friends 



At Will Call:



Three generations happy, excited ready to go!


 Juntas todas! Together! She was absolutely beautiful. The same down to earth girl I've always known. Even with all her fame and money it felt so comfortable, so right . And she adored Katy complimenting her sweetness, beauty and sense of style. Gracias amiga. Hasta la próxima! Que bendición que te pusieron en nuestro camino, que bendición haberte conocido!



A sample of the show:

AY  ESAS CADERAS...

SOME GIRLS GOT TO GO UP AND DANCE WITH HER
MI BELLEZA FELIZ DE LA VIDA "ROBANDOLE EL SHOW A SHAKIRA" COMO DECIAN OTROS ESPECTADORES
SIMPLEMENTE ESPECTACULAR!



And a sample of what went on behind the scenes.... 

WITH HER BACKUP SINGER. ALSO MELTED BY MY DARLING DAUGHTER

THE CURTAIN THAT SEPARATED THE WORLD FROM SHAKIRA AND US (BACKSTAGE)
WITH TIM MITCHELL, SHAKIRA'S GUITARIST AND RECORD PRODUCER. THIS DUDE IS AWESOME!!!
THE WAY I SAW THE STAGE FROM BACKSTAGE 

TV CREW
THE CAR AND HER DRIVER WAITING TO TAKE HER AWAY

And of course we had to make some time to go dancing too! What a blast! We went to this outdoor mall where they had several lounges and clubs, the music was great! 












3 comments:

  1. So you know her? How? I guess she is from Barranquilla...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She lived near my house and my mom was her vocal teacher, too. We met when we were both 13 and hung out quiet a bit!! Little did I know she would become this superstar! Although I always hoped ;)
    I just saw your pictures in Colombia! HOW FUN! SO glad you got to visit again and take your own little family. Makes it so much better when your loved ones understand about your past, at least that's how I felt when I took Gavin for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That must have been so fun!!! I love Shakira because she is humble and beautiful! I can tell that she hasn't drowned in all the fame and fortune.

    ReplyDelete